In the Family – Langer Juice Company, INC.
- 2 cups oat bran
- 3 tsp. baking soda
- 16 oz. Langers Frozen Concentrate Apple Juice
- 8 oz. can crushed pineapple in natural juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup of plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 Tbsp. honey or molasses
- 1 Tbsp. salad oil
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 2 Tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup raisins or dired blueberries
1. Mix the oat bran, baking soda, thawed apple juice and the crushed pineapple together. Stir and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the oat flour, rolled oats, corn flour, baking powder and raisins / dried blueberries. Make sure you mix these dry ingredients thoroughly.
3. After the wet ingredients have been sitting for fifteen minutes, add the slightly beaten egg whites. Add yogurt, applesauce, honey and salad oil. Stir.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Mix lightly. Set aside for ten minutes.
5. Spoon into muffin tins lined with individual paper cups.
6. Baked in pre-heated oven at 400 degrees for five minutes. Lower temperature to 375 degrees and bake for another 15-20 mins.
7. Make about 20 muffins. Bake remaining batches at 375 degrees.
LANGERS SPAGHETTI BY: BILL & AUDREY, MISSOULA, MT